Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Meeting People is Fun (but not really)

 I was walking with a friend today. It's hard for me to define "friend" because I have a really hard time letting people get to know the real me, so "friend" really means anyone that I have shared any personal information with and that person has not run away in the opposite direction screaming,
   I have a very dark past, and it is difficult to relate to people because of that. I can't speak my mind to most people because they may recommend medication or therapy at least. The kinds of thoughts that I find conversation ready include:
 - All Bon Jovi songs sound the same to me
  -I used to date a guy who paid $50 for a strip of construction paper because he thought it was blotter acid
 - Did you know that some guy in 1948 dropped dead right on this very spot, I read it in a newspaper!
 - My baby pooped in the tub last night and I had to use an aquarium net to fish it out.
  -I'm pro-choice but I would never get an abortion.
  -My neighbor's brother committed suicide by hanging himself from this tree.
   -I love David Sedaris' work because he is a loser and so am I and now he's famous.

  Anyway, I mentioned to my friend that I was weird and antisocial and that I had a hard time making friends, especially with other moms because I talk about weird things. She laughed and turned to me " I think Bon Jovi's songs all sound the same too, I think you're wonderful!" Hence: Friend.